Thursday, September 8, 2011

ALPACA HUNT

This week in Ecuador:
1.) I wish I had a "double rice, no beans" option here.
2.) At school and throughout the city everyone copies books. One person buys the actual text and then you can get it completely copied for a significantly lower price! My English book was $11, with hundreds of works inside! And my Spanish book was only $10! I could get used to this but isn't it illegal? When in Ecuador...
3.) I found a lovely Shawarma place right by school! I think I'll be having lots of Empanadas and Shawarma for lunches this semester. Only about $3.00, including drink!
4.) The international office here is wonderful! I needed to have paperwork filled out and faxed back to Bellarmine and they did it for me in less than a day. How helpful!
5.) My Geology class started this week! My professor is from France and his English isn't the greatest. Thankfully I've already had a geology class; I know a majority of the terms he is trying to explain!
6.) Mercedes-Benz makes buses and they're on the streets of Quito.
7.) We eat hard boiled Quail eggs for breakfast once a week.

This weekend I am headed to the famous market of Otavalo, about 2 hours outside of Quito by bus! Check back Monday for pictures and keep your fingers crossed that I find the perfect Alpaca sweater!

 

1 comment:

  1. Quail eggs? Are they tasty?
    Enjoy your weekend. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete